When you join the PTSA (annual dues are $15-25) you are supporting your local, state and national PTA’s ability to collectively influence the decisions that affect children in our school, our school district, within our state, and across the nation. Your membership fees go to supporting Georgia’s PTA; Georgia PTA then serves as a link between the national organization and membership within the state. A person who joins a local Parent Teacher Association automatically becomes a member of National PTA and Georgia PTA.
We need every family involved with our school. It’s a great return on your modest investment: For the year, individual memberships are $15, and an entire family is $25.
Your membership dues to the DHS PTSA are important, but your collective membership dues of $3,000 to $5000.00 will not, by themselves, support the fundraising needs of our school which is why we also encourage you to support the DHS Annual Fund.
How does the DHS PTSA work on your behalf locally (after paying for Georgia’s PTA dues)?
- Academic recognition programs for students at all levels, including an annual Academic
- Achievement Banquet for honor roll students and “Big Dog” luncheons for students who have shown outstanding dedication and persistence
- Cultural arts programming, such as visiting artists, special events, and enhanced materials for student arts activities
- Mini-grants for clubs and staff
- Teacher appreciation events
- Buildings and grounds beautification
- Investments in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) area
- A highly popular printed DHS Student Directory
If you prefer to write a check, please fill out the 2015-16 PTSA Membership Form and deliver or mail to Decatur High School.
Thank you for supporting Decatur High School by joining the PTSA!
Questions? Contact PTSA Membership Chair Trish Bricker, Send a Message