PTSA at Work
Through its Mini Grant program (grant requests under $800.00) and its Big Ticket Grant program (grant requests over $800.00) the High School’s PTSA is committed to providing the funds that support our faculty, and supplement the academic, cultural and social experiences of our student body.
Here are just a few activities and events the PTSA supports:
- Grants requests from faculty, students, student clubs and staff. (See here for grant requests that have been approved in the past)
- Academic recognition programs for students at all levels, including an annual Academic Achievement Banquet for honor roll students and BIG DOG luncheons for students who have shown outstanding dedication and persistence
- Spirit Throw Program which recognizes students who have achieved A and B honors throughout their 4 years in high school.
- Teacher appreciation events
- Popular DHS Student & Parent Directory
- Decatur Parent Network (DPN) which sponsors and provides educational programs specifically designed for parents of teenagers
To find out how you can get involved – in big ways or small – visit our Volunteer page. We look forward to your participation.